Today. Today my life is manageable.
Yesterday it wasn’t. It seemed a little daunting. Right there around noon, I was flustered. I felt like I was swimming in a sea of working papers and signoffs. And let me tell you: that sea makes Deadliest Catch look like a paddleboat ride in a swimming pool.
But then, all of a sudden, it was taco night. Three girls gabbing and laughing over beans and beef and veggies - something magical happened while I was rolling tortillas, and the anxiety went away.
Living near and (in my case, also) with, your best friends has to be the best stress medicine in the entire world. I know I preached about this before, but I’m going to say it again:
Sometimes, I bitch and complain about my job or the fact that butter is my boyfriend, but my life is completely and wonderfully beautiful. And I’m in love with it.
Check out the slideshow above for a visual representation of my apology – aka “Please forgive me. I haven’t posted. Life got in the way. Look at those cookies! You didn’t want my advice that day anyway.”
p.s. my advice is – don’t ever. Never ever. Put gummy bears in your compost cookies. Don’t even think about it. Those little dudes will eff. You. Up.
And now for!
The top 5 things I’m 100% in love with right now:
5. Food challenges – have make a delicious, and also vegan dessert? Up the ante: make two! And make them mind-blowingly stupendous. Vegans have got some serious yummies in their arsenal. Don’t discount them yet.
4. Walking. Everywhere. Living downtown has allowed me to get back into something I thought I only liked in the country. I walk to work. I walk after work. I walk to Chinatown to get my groceries. It’s a little bit of zen. Zen where you can people watch and stare at cute boy’s bums (who does that?!).
3. Strawberries. Do I really need to explain this one?
Last week I got gifted two pints of strawberries from a very dear friend that owns a farm (as well as a pie!). I’ve made oatmeal bars, jam, and many, many snacks with those little guys, and let me tell you, I don’t think there’s anything better than fresh, Ontario strawberries (I’m biased).
2. Family – a few weekends ago, I managed to see almost my whole family in the span of less than 24 hours. From the newest of new, to all four of my grandparents; it was like hitting the reset button. Grandparents are fabulous. (and so are little ones.)
1. Top down, windows wide, hair everywhere belting out country music at the top of our lungs. That moment last week when I finally felt like my life had come together again. When for the first time in two years, I was smiling from my curls to my toes and nothing was going to bring me down. Love.
Yep. That was a little emotional. Yeah. It might have been an overshare. But, since we’re in love, I figure I can tell you these things.
Tomorrow: vegan peanut butter budinos. Get excited!
Peace up. A-town down.
p.s. do you like the slideshow setup? I'm not decided on it yet.